Thursday, April 24, 2008

Faux Denim


This is the other card that my stamp class will be doing tomorrow 4/25. It looks difficult but it is really easy. But be warned you will destroy your white ink pad...
Instructions for Faux Denim:
1. I started out with Not quite Navy paper
2. Then i took my Not Quite Navy ink pad and ran it all the way across the paper one way, then rotate the paper 90 degrees and do this again. You just want some faint lines - so don't get to carried away!
3. Then i took my Night of Navy ink pad and did the same thing
4. Then you take the Whisper white ink pad and do that same thing.
*Hints: Don't press down on the ink pad to hard. Don't stop until you have swiped it all the way across the paper - it will leave a dark line. And wait until the ink had dried before moving to the next color.
I ran my white across my paper twice i like that washed out denim look personally.
stamp set: Friendly Flowers - from the spring/summer 2008 mini
Punch: Oval, ticket corner
Ink: whisper white, not quite navy, night of navy, and rose red
paper: not quite navy, night of navy, rose red, and whisper white.
white grosgrain ribbon, crystal effects on the center of the flower with dazzling diamonds, everything is popped up with dimensionals. I ran the Not quite navy across my oval that friend is punch on just to give it a little more color, and last but not least gold brads.
Hope you enjoy the card it was fun to play with.
~ Candace

No comments: